Cleaning the bathtub. It’s the household chore that no one in your family wants to do! Well, if you’ve drawn the short end of the sponge, relax!
We’re going to show you how easy it can be to get rid of bathtub mold, bathtub stains, and everything in between without using harsh chemicals. (Of course, go ahead and make it seem like you toiled away all day on the tub. Your secret is safe with us!)
How to Clean Hard Water Bathtub StainsHard water stains, lime scale, mineral deposits … whatever you call it, one thing is certain: these stains can be annoying and hard to remove. Well, here’s a pantry staple to remove the stubborn buildup without using harsh chemicals: White Vinegar.
- For the tub: Run the tub with hot water from the tap and pour in 3 cups of white vinegar. Let it soak for 4 hours, drain, and then scrub off the stains like a champ! So easy.
- For the showerhead: Fill up a plastic bag with white vinegar, then secure it to your showerhead with a rubber band. (The showerhead should be submerged.) Let it sit for 12 hours, remove the bag and scrub the showerhead with a toothbrush. Voila!
- For the faucets: Soak a cleaning rag in vinegar. Wrap it around the part of the faucet that has the lime scale. Let sit for 1 hour, adding more vinegar if the rag dries out. Remove the rags and wipe clean with a towel.
Don’t like the smell of vinegar? Not a problem!You can use non-toxic Oxyfresh Unscented Face & Body Wash to remove stubborn water scale. Just mix a few drops of this liquid hand soap with water in a spray bottle, apply to the mineral deposit, sit for a while (both you and the solution, tee hee) then scrub clean. It’s so gentle on your hands you won’t want to wear gloves! And … this liquid soap also prevents buildup from forming in the first place!
How to Remove Grout Stains or Bathroom MoldYou can use Oxyfresh Unscented Face & Body Wash to remove grout stains by mixing 1 t. of liquid hand soap with warm water in a spray bottle. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then scrub with a toothbrush. This solution will also remove mold and mildew.
How to Clean the Bathroom Drain:Drain cleaner is one of the worst household products you can inhale. So ditch the chemicals and do this instead to clean and unclog your drains:
- Pour ½ cup baking soda down the drain
- Next, add ½ cup white vinegar (don’t be alarmed by the foaming action)
- 5 minutes later, pour boiling water down the drain to free up any clogs