You Ate It ... Negate It?
- Eggnog (1 cup) – 343 calories = 1 hour 5 min. of Dancing
- Swedish Meatballs (3) – 216 calories = 52 min. of Walking
- Pecan Pie (1 slice) – 500 calories = 1 hour 18 min. of Swimming
- Hot Buttered Rum (1 cup) – 300 calories = 34 min. of Zumba
- Sugar Cookies (2) – 400 calories = 41 min. of Jogging
- Gingerbread Man (1- 3 oz.) – 340 Calories = 1 hour 35 min. of Cleaning House
- Queso Dip (2 TB) & 9 Tortilla Chips – 210 calories = 26 min. of Hiking
- Mixed Nuts (1/4 cup) – 340 calories = 50 min. of Basketball
- French Onion Dip (2 TB) & 15 Potato Chips – 210 = 30 min. of Cycling
- Spinach Artichoke Dip (1/2 cup) & 3 Small Baguette Slices – 408 calories – 1 hour 40 min. of Volleyball
6 Tips to Eat Healthy & Lose Weight This Holiday Season
1. Use a Salad or Dessert Plate as Your Dinner Plate Big plates = big portions! In the Smaller Plate Study, researchers found that when people switched from a 12-inch plate to a 10-inch plate, they ate 22% less food. (Add that up over a year, and that’s an 18-pound weight loss!)
Wait. Why can’t I just put less food on a larger plate?
It sounds good in theory, but psychologically, our stomachs and brains feel cheated and unsatisfied when we do this. Check out the stark contrast below in how the same portion appears.2. Sip Wisely Ever get into the mindset that “drinks don’t count” as calories? Well, at 343 calories a cup, that eggnog really adds up! If you want to indulge in some holiday spirits, choose wine instead at just 123 calories per 5 oz. glass. 3. Go the Distance Stand at least an arm’s length away from foods that are easy to mindlessly eat (like nuts, candies and chips) while you chat with family and friends. 4. Take Small Bites A study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that people who took tablespoon-size bites ate 25 percent more at a meal than those who took teaspoon-size bites. How can you put this tip into action without busting out your measuring spoons and drawing stares from your friends? Here’s a good rule of thumb: Each bite of food should cover less than half the utensil. 5. Pay Attention to Order When attending a party, go for the healthiest food options first, like veggies and lean proteins. This will fill you up and help you ignore those cookies and creamy dips. 6. Shake It Up 60 Minutes Pre-Party Remember the old way of thinking? Starving ourselves all day so we could over-indulge at a party at night? This actually works against our weight loss efforts. Before you head out to your party, have a protein shake 60 minutes ahead of time: a protein shake that will fill you up, kick cravings, give you energy, and even help you lose weight … VIBE. VIBE is a whole meal replacement shake that’s loaded with veggie protein, a full serving of greens, and a patented probiotic for healthy digestion. Holiday weight gain? Pffft. Not when you have the awesome and healthy protein shake VIBE on your side! There’s safety in numbers. Share this post with your friends so you can go in together with a healthy game plan at your holiday parties.
Try some of the other Oxyfresh Nutritional Products!