FREE SHIPPING ON RETAIL ORDERS OVER $49! (US Only)
Yes! We're Open and Shipping!
Did you know ... 70% of cats and 80% of dogs already show signs of gum disease by age 3.
Not only can gum disease cause pain, inflammation and tooth loss, it can actually take years off your pet’s life.
Daily oral care is paws-down the best way to fight plaque buildup (the root of gum disease) and give your pet fresh breath.
If you’re venturing down the path of pet tooth brushing, congrats!
By following a few tips and using pet oral care products that are safe, proven and effective, your pet can enjoy a happier and healthier life.
1. Start at a young age. This will help your pet accept tooth brushing as a regular way of life. If you didn’t start young, no worries! The important thing is you’re doing it now … and with patience and practice, you’ll be an old pro in no time!
2. Praise your pet during the tooth brushing process. This will help your pet feel safe.
3. Tooth brush when your pet is relaxed. An ideal time is after vigorous exercise.
4. Keep your expectations in check. A quick brushing is better than no brushing at all. So even if you can’t get every tooth or your pet will only tolerate brushing for 20 seconds, you’re still working to remove plaque.
5. Don’t overly restrain your pet or stand above your pet; this will make your pet feel threatened. A good tooth brushing position for cats is to cradle the cat, cup the chin, and lift up the lips. For dogs, kneel or sit in front of or to the side of your pet.
6. Brush in a circular motion at a 45 degree angle. If you’re new to the world of pet tooth brushing, just focus on cleaning the outer surfaces of the teeth. This is where plaque and tartar buildup accumulate the most.
7. Treat your pet when you’re done tooth brushing. Your pet should know that the toothbrush is his friend and that good things always happen after brushing.
Use a brush specifically designed for pets. These brushes are smaller and softer than human toothbrushes. For cats and little dogs, many owners use a finger brush (just slips on over the finger) or a piece of clean gauze wrapped around the finger.
No, you can’t just use your own! Even though your pet is a pet of many talents, spitting out toothpaste is not one of them. Human toothpastes have ingredients that can be toxic to pets when swallowed.
Also – beware of store-brand pet toothpastes. Artificially flavored pastes, from chicken flavored to bacon flavored, can simply make your pet want to chew on the toothbrush rather than sit still for brushing.
Oxyfresh Pet Dental Gel Toothpaste is a different kind of pet toothpaste. It’s tasteless and odorless so your pet won’t get distracted when you brush. More information...
USA-made Oxyfresh Pet Dental Gel Toothpaste fights bad pet breath and bacteria-causing plaque with the power of Oxygene®. This is our safe, non-toxic ingredient that oxidizes (dissolves) odor-causing compounds on contact, leaving your pet with fresh breath and a healthier mouth. More information...
Use as a pet toothpaste or apply directly to the gums to clean and deodorize. Formulated with Aloe vera to soothe mouth irritations and tooth injuries.
If you can’t get the hang of pet tooth brushing, not to worry. Oxyfresh has a dental water additive for pets that provides the same benefits of brushing with none of the hassle. Just add Oxyfresh Pet Dental Water Additive to your pet’s water each day for quick, convenient daily oral care. Tasteless, odorless and vet-recommended.
There are so many reasons to become an owner who brushes: fresh pet breath, a healthier mouth, less dental bills, and the best part … a longer, happier life for your four-legged friend. That’s definitely worth venturing into the world of pet oral care. You can do it, and your pet will thank you!
Oxyfresh has complete confidence in the excellence of its products.
That’s why we offer a 100% money-back guarantee (minus the cost of shipping) within 30 days of purchase if you’re not happy.