So you’ve vowed to shake up your health and fitness this year – that’s awesome! You’ve got your dumbbells, resistance bands, and Blender Bottle ready to go. Now comes the tricky part: selecting a vegan protein powder to support your goals. With so many options, choosing a protein powder can be more difficult than a one-arm pull-up.
But not to worry – we’ve cut through the marketing clutter to bring you the healthiest vegan protein powder for 2021: VIBE plant-based protein shakes. Named a best shake by Vegan Liftz, here are some ways VIBE outshines other vegan protein powders.
Yes Peas! VIBE Sports 20 Grams of Pea Protein in Every Shake VIBE shakes are an incredible vegetarian protein powder with 20 grams of non-GMO pea protein in every serving. Peas surpass other vegetarian protein powder formulations for several key reasons …
#1. Peas are highly digestible If this isn’t your first rodeo when it comes to drinking protein shakes, then you know – one of the biggest downsides to shakes can be gas and bloating. (Not fun for you OR those around you.) But you can shake off those worries with VIBE vegetarian protein powder. Pea protein is a highly digestible vegetable protein. Digestibility is key when it comes to nutritional value and quality so your body can actually absorb and use the nutrients inside the shake. Peas have a 92% digestibility rating and are one of the most hypoallergenic protein sources. That means peas are perfect for a variety of diets, from vegan to keto to gluten- and soy-free.
#2. Peas are a complete protein Let’s debunk the big myth surrounding vegan protein powder. “It’s not a complete protein!” the naysayers like to proclaim. Well, guess what? Pea plant-based protein shakes ARE. Peas have all nine essential amino acids – the building blocks of protein. These amino acids deliver what your body needs for better energy and performance and to help your muscles rebuild after workouts. These nine vital compounds cannot be made from the body and must be obtained through our diets. This can sometimes be challenging for vegans because meat, eggs and poultry are usually considered the best sources to get these amino acids. But with peas, you can feel good knowing that, yes, it IS a complete protein.
#3. Peas help to reduce hunger cravings Peas help to naturally lower ghrelin levels, which means you can stay full and satisfied longer. Ghrelin is often referred to as “the hunger hormone.” Ghrelin can increase appetite, slow metabolism and decrease the body’s ability to burn fat. With peas as part of VIBE’s whole meal replacement shake, you can take control of your cravings and not succumb to unhealthy snacking in between meals.
#4. Peas are tasty … well, at least in VIBE plant based protein shakes they are! Peas are one of those polarizing veggies (er, technically they’re a legume). When you were little, you’d either welcome these little green guys in your tuna casserole or you’d begrudgingly grumble and pick them out (or hide them in your napkin). Here’s the deal: inside VIBE, you really won’t detect a traditional “pea” flavor. VIBE plant based protein shakes come in creamy chocolate or vanilla. No artificial flavors. No food dyes. No gritty texture like you’ll get from a hemp plant based protein shake. VIBE stands out because it’s delicious JUST MIXED WITH WATER. This makes it super convenient, especially as a grab-and-go for breakfast. No messy blender to clean up later. Of course, if you like to experiment with your shakes, you can customize VIBE with any add-ons you want, from peanut butter to seeds and berries. Any way you shake it, you’ll love it!
#5. Peas are super healthy Low in calories and sugar and packed with nutrients, antioxidants and fiber, peas stand out from other veggies because of their impressive protein profile. And that’s what’s important to look for in a vegetarian protein powder. Many shakes try to present themselves as healthy options, but they don’t deliver. Posers are easy to spot if you look at the protein, fat and carbohydrate content. If carbs are the highest out of the three, skip it. You’ll want a plant protein shake with the macronutrients in this order: protein, carbs, then fats. VIBE is the perfect whole meal with:
- 20 grams of protein
- 12 grams of carbs
- 6 grams of fat
- 2–3 grams fiber (depending on shake flavor)
- Exclusive vitamin blend
And, each meal replacement shake is under 200 calories with just 6 grams of sugar. Go Pro! Get Live Active Probiotics in VIBE Vegan Protein Powder You’ve likely heard a lot of buzz about probiotics. But what are they exactly? Simply put, probiotics are “good bacteria” that live in your body. When you get an infection, you get more “bad” bacteria in your body, which throws your system out of whack. Probiotics help restore balance to your system and stop the overabundance of bad bacteria so you can get back on your A-game.
Benefits of probiotics:
- Better gut health: It’s no secret: when you have a healthy gut, you just feel healthier overall. This is the most widely known benefit of probiotics: they influence our gut health by improving nutrient absorption and helping with digestion. Gut health is a key component when it comes to weight loss. No, probiotics won’t do your arm exercises for you, but they do aid in metabolism, weight management, and your body’s ability to absorb all the good nutrients you take in. Additionally, if your gut bacteria is out of balance, it can create a vicious cycle of sugar cravings. Often, it’s our cravings that make us throw our diets out the window.
- Better mood: Yes, probiotics can actually be food for our mood! In fact, the gut-brain connection is so strong that scientists often refer to the gut as the body’s “second brain.” So when your gut is healthy, you’re less likely to get the blues and suffer from mood swings.
- Fresher breath: It’s not all about brushing, flossing, and going easy on garlic and onions when it comes to our breath. Taking probiotics can help curb the growth of bacteria in the mouth that cause bad breath, plaque buildup and cavities.
- Stronger immune system: Now more than ever, we’re all focused on ways to better support our immune systems. One secret is to take a daily probiotic, and here’s why: 70% of the immune system is located in the digestive tract. Of course, even strong immune systems can’t fight everything, every time. So if you do get a bacterial infection to where you need an antibiotic (which kills good bacteria along with the bad), a probiotic can protect you from dreaded diarrhea or (the worst) yeast infections.
- Healthier vagina: Um, guys, feel free to skip over this part, but for all the women reading, take note. Just like the gut, the vagina can be compared to a finely balanced ecosystem. Things like antibiotics, spermicides and birth control pills can throw this usually balanced environment off balance. That can lead to uncomfortable and annoying problems like bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and urinary tract infections. Fortunately, probiotics can help you be proactive in protecting your vaginal health.
- Clearer skin: Strange but true: Acne and psoriasis are both linked to gastrointestinal problems. It can be challenging to find solutions for these stubborn skin conditions. When you add a probiotic to your daily diet, you may very well be surprised at the incredible difference in your skin – and everyone will want to know your secret!
You have two options to introduce more probiotics into your gut: through fermented food and drinks or through supplements. Get on your science cap! Fermented food and drinks go through a process called lacto-fermentation. That’s where natural bacteria feed on the sugar and starch in the food, creating lactic acid. Lactic acid is a natural preservative that stops the growth of harmful bacteria while increasing or preserving the vitamins and enzymes of what’s being fermented.
Sorry, beer and wine do not count as ways to get your daily probiotics! Not all fermented food/drinks have probiotics. Probiotics can be rendered inactive or be removed altogether in the manufacturing process, such as through baking and canning. Probiotic-rich food and drinks:
- Certain cheeses – look for “live and active cultures” on the packaging
- Certain yogurts – look for “live and active cultures” on the packaging
- Pickles – look for pickles prepared with brine, not “quick pickles” prepared with vinegar. You’ll likely find them in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. Better yet, embrace your inner chef and make your own fermented pickles.
Food for thought: Fermented foods are often quite strong in taste, and many of our palates just aren’t used to it. That’s why so many people head to the yogurt aisle to get their probiotics instead of opting for bowls of kimchi. Yogurt doesn’t have a strong fermented taste.
But keep in mind, not all yogurts have live probiotics. In some brands, all of the live probiotics have been killed during processing. That’s why it’s so important to look at the label to ensure that it has “live and active cultures.” (Check out this list of the best yogurts with probiotics.) Because yogurt can be high in sugar or many people have a sensitivity to milk, supplementing with a probiotic is often a great alternative.
Probiotics can be expensive, with some brands running upwards of $60. That’s why it’s a huge bonus having a daily probiotic in your VIBE plant-based shake. Each serving of VIBE vegan protein powder contains 1 billion CFU of GanedenBC30® probiotic. (CFU stands for colony-forming units, which is how many bacteria are able to divide and form colonies.)
GanedenBC30® is a powerful, patented and clinically proven probiotic that has the highest survivability of a probiotic on the market. (Survivability matters because otherwise it’s pointless to have the probiotic in a product. If it can’t survey the journey to your gut, your body can’t benefit from it.)
An independent lab study found that GanedenBC30® had a 78% survival rate passing through the acidic stomach. Compare that to the leading yogurt brand with probiotics at less than 1% survivability. The big takeaway: with VIBE’s powerful probiotics, you can feel confident knowing your body can actually reap all those fantastic probiotic benefits you just learned about!
Green Scene! VIBE Contains 7 Nutrient Dense Greens
Oftentimes, it’s not so easy being green. Sure, we have the best intentions when it comes to eating more veggies. We visit our local Farmers Markets and we diligently peruse the produce aisle when we go to the store. But evidenced by that wilted head of lettuce in the vegetable drawer, we sometimes fall short of our healthy eating goals.
There are many ways we can sneak more veggies into our diets, but sometimes it just comes down to time and convenience. An EASY way to get a full serving of greens each day is by drinking a VIBE plant based protein shake. No blender needed – it's yummy mixed just with water! VIBE’s exclusive greens blend is packed with nutrients to help cleanse our bodies, boost nutrition and help us feel full and satisfied longer – great news if you’re looking for a plant based shake for weight loss. Check out the 7 super greens inside VIBE:
- Cabbage is a rich source of vitamin C and vitamin K. Additionally, cabbage contains multiple antioxidants and flavonoids which are best known for their anti-inflammatory health benefits, as well as the support of the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- Collard Greens are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, iron, vitamin B6 and magnesium. Many studies support that eating collard greens may decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease; promote a healthy complexion and healthy hair; and boost energy.
- Cilantro is jam-packed with antioxidants that act as a natural preservative and have antibacterial properties. Cilantro has been found to suppress lead accumulation, which gives promise that consuming cilantro may help combat lead and other heavy metal toxicity.
- Kale is a super green, packed to the max with nutrition that puts it high on the list of the world’s healthiest foods. This dark leafy green is important for skin, hair and bone health. Kale provides protein, iron and vitamin C.
- Spinach is a superfood loaded with tons of nutrients. Spinach is a rich source of iron, magnesium, potassium, vitamin A and folate. The possible health benefits of consuming spinach include improving blood sugar control, lowering blood pressure, improving bone health and lowering the risk of developing asthma.
- Watercress is rich in protein, vitamin K, vitamin C and vitamin A. Watercress contains a high level of dietary nitrate. High intakes of dietary nitrate have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce the amount of oxygen needed during exercise and enhance athletic performance.
- Broccoli contains high levels of fiber and is a rich source of vitamin C. Broccoli is also rich in vitamin A, iron, vitamin K, B-complex vitamins, zinc, phosphorus and phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are compounds that are linked to lowering the risk of developing diabetes, heart disease and certain cancers.
Don’t be scared of all those greens! VIBE shakes in chocolate or vanilla taste rich and delicious just mixed with water! And you will love starting your day with a healthy shake versus a sugary coffee or pastry. Those greens are just one more reason VIBE is the healthiest shake, whether your goal is to shape up, have more energy or lose a few pounds (or all three)!
What People Are Saying About VIBE Plant Based Protein Shake
Best shake on the planet I have lost weight, sleep so great, and feel great. Even my sweet cravings have subsided, which was my biggest hurdle. I love them! Kelly A.
Love the taste of this shake! Other shakes are gritty and chalky, and since I’m lactose intolerant, I absolutely cannot tolerate them. Decided to try VIBE and so glad I did! Battina
Goodbye, sugar crash! If I have VIBE in the morning, I’m not hungry midday. I'm full and don't have a crash like I do eating a sugary breakfast. Elexcia S.
Awesome protein shake for diabetics I’m a diabetic. Most protein shake mixes have too many carbs and too much sugar. This protein shake has high protein of 20grams, 12g carbs and 6g sugar in each scoop. This is the best I have found and tastes great. Catherine L.
Sooo amazing! I LOVE VIBE!! I take one serving every day to ensure that I am receiving my daily dose of “greens” and all the other health benefits it offers! It amazes me at how “full” it makes me feel. I really don’t notice I’m hungry until the next meal time comes! Kate S.
P.S. Got a fitness friend who could use a hand in choosing a vegan protein powder? Get them in-the-know and share this post with them. And cheers to your good health this year!