How do I get rid of odors in my house? If you ponder this question every time you pass by the bathroom or laundry hamper, you’re in luck!
Here are 5 foolproof ways you can get a fresher smelling home without using harsh chemicals or toxic cleaning agents.
1. Boil Away Fish & Onion SmellYou love creating culinary masterpieces. Unfortunately, the odors left behind can be downright unpleasant. How can you get rid of that lingering fishy aroma or stubborn onion smell in your house? Keep cooking! Boil 2 cups of water, add 2 T of baking soda, then throw in lemon or orange peel. Let everything simmer for a bit, and voila! No more odors. Don’t have citrus? No problem! If you don’t mind the smell of vinegar, simmer a cup of it on the stove to eliminate odors.
2. Make Vinegar Your Bathroom BFF
With its awesome odor-fighting ability, vinegar is the perfect pantry staple to use as a natural toilet cleaner.
DIY recipe to deodorize your toilets: Add 8 drops of essential tea tree oil into the toilet, then a half cup of baking soda. Let it sit for a minute, then add 1 cup of vinegar. (Note: if you don’t want to walk around with measuring cups, just eyeball it!) For stubborn stains around the bowl, let the solution sit for a while before scrubbing.
Got a home with boys? Don’t forget to check the floor, and the front and sides of the toilet for urine! These often-forgotten areas can make the bathroom smell at all times. Dampen a rag or paper towel with vinegar and wipe away the urine.
3. Get Rid of Cat Urine Smell on the CarpetsCat lovers often share a common problem: their homes smell like cat urine! To deodorize the carpet and keep your cat from going in the same place, whip up your own carpet cleaning solution: Mix one part vinegar with one part warm water. Pour or spray onto the carpet, scrub and blot dry. When the carpet is nice and dry, sprinkle baking soda over the area, then vacuum it up. Short on time? Use Oxyfresh Pet Deodorizer. It’s a great way to clean pet urine from the carpet and neutralize the odor without harsh chemicals or perfumes.
4. Garbage Smells? Do The TwistWhen it comes to the worst odors in the house, “old garbage smell” definitely tops the list. Here’s what you can do to get rid of the offending garbage odors: Take out the trash, and then grab a coffee filter. Add these items to the coffee filter:
- 1 T of coffee
- Couple whole cloves
- 1 T baking soda
5. Use a Non-Toxic Deodorizing SprayOxyfresh All-Purpose Deodorizer is the quickest and easiest way to make all the odors in your home go away. Unlike air fresheners that just mask odors with a concoction of chemicals, Oxyfresh All-Purpose Deodorizer uses our secret ingredient Oxygene® to neutralize odors completely. No harsh chemicals and non-toxic to people and pets! Whether your house smells like dog, litter box, or diaper pail, this deodorizing spray safely and completely neutralizes bad odors on contact. Just spray and the smell is gone!
Breathe Easy with Oxyfresh
We care about the health of the pets and people in your home. So ditch the air fresheners and discover the odor-fighting power of Oxyfresh. Check out our line of home care products now at oxyfresh.com.