When getting ready to travel, we’re always so worried about remembering our phone chargers and spare pair of undies that sometimes we forget the biggest travel necessity of all: FRESH BREATH!
Bad breath is a surefire way to spoil any vacation moment, from conversations with friends to smooches with your sweetie.
How can you quickly get rid of bad breath when you’re on the go? Check out these 5 fresh breath travel tips.
1. Clean Your Tongue
Where’s the “vacation hot spot” for bad breath molecules to hang out and party? The back of the tongue!
Stick out your tongue and look in the mirror. Is it nice and pink or does it have a film on it? That film is bacteria! Bacteria = bad breath.
Brushing your tongue isn’t enough to remove tongue bacteria. You need a special tool for the job: a tongue cleaner.
The Oxyfresh Oolitt® Elite Tongue Cleaner removes up to 75% more odor-causing bacteria versus brushing alone.
Carry a tongue cleaner in your purse or bag while traveling. It’s a discreet little way to clean your tongue when you visit the restroom, and “a must” after drinking coffee or eating all those delicious dishes flavored with onion and garlic.
2. Make Water Your Travel Companion
We all love our coffee mugs and fancy latte drinks, but don’t forget a water bottle! Water helps rinse away food particles that would otherwise fester in your mouth and cause bad breath.
Water also helps prevent dry mouth, which is a leading cause of bad breath.
3. Skip the Mints and Chew Gum
Wondering how to get rid of bad breath?
The key is stopping Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs) from forming. VSCs form when bacteria in the mouth multiply out of control. Bacteria feed on sugar, and those after-dinner mints are loaded with the sweet stuff.
Chew sugarless gum instead, as this will stimulate saliva flow. Saliva is the body’s natural defense against bad breath.
4. Spice Up Your Travels
You’ve probably heard that mint leaves are an easy way to get fresh breath, and that’s true. But how many of us have mint leaves lying around at our disposal?
For instant fresh breath – that’s convenient too – carry spice with you instead.
Chewing the seeds of spices like cardamom or fennel, which have antimicrobial properties, will help you get rid of bad breath quickly.
5. Get a Travel Hygiene Kit
Packing up all your dental products can take up valuable space in your toiletry bag.
And when traveling by air, there’s nothing worse than having to leave products behind at the airport because they’re the wrong size for carry-on. What’s a savvy traveler to do? Get a travel hygiene kit.
A travel hygiene kit makes traveling with fresh breath a breeze!
Don’t Let Your Vacation Stink. Bring This With You …
For fresh breath on the go, get the Oxyfresh Fresh Breath Travel Kit. This is no ordinary travel hygiene kit.
It comes with USA-made, professional-grade dental products that are alcohol-free for no sting, burn or dry mouth and formulated with our exclusive odor-neutralizing ingredient, Oxygene®.
Oxygene® is a safe, non-toxic ingredient that gets rid of bad breath for up to 6 hours at a time, guaranteed. Sizes meet all FAA regulations for carry-on.
See What’s Inside the Oxyfresh Fresh Breath Travel Kit
Fresh Breath Lemon Mint Mouthwash (3 oz.)
- Alcohol-free for no sting or burn
- With Aloe vera to prevent dry mouth
- Dye-free to protect the color of your teeth
- Naturally flavored with a zesty blend of essential oils
- Sweetened with xylitol, a natural ingredient proven to fight plaque
- Patented combo of Oxygene® and zinc gets rid of bad breath for 6 hours
Cavity Protection Fluoride Toothpaste (1 oz.)
- Naturally sweetened with xylitol
- Cavity-fighting protection of fluoride
- Low-abrasion to protect your enamel
- Mild mint flavor from natural peppermint oil
- Combo of Oxygene® and zinc for 6-hour fresh breath protection
Oolitt® Elite Tongue Scraper
- Easy to use and long-lasting
- Gentle scraping blade design
- Removes 75% more odor-causing bacteria on the tongue vs. brushing
- Soft, dense bristles for low-abrasion brushing
- Ultra-versatile: use with toothpaste or dip directly into Oxyfresh mouthwash
- Compact and convenient
From all of us at Oxyfresh, we wish you safe, happy and FRESH travels!