Tis the season … for pumpkin! The leaves are changing color and our jackets are finding their way out of the closet. That means it’s time to start enjoying the delicious glory of pumpkin.
Not only is this squash plant tasty, it’s filled with fiber, vitamins A, K, C, and E, along with beta-carotene and iron. Whoo! Delicious and nutritious. And the same can be said for your dog’s health. Pumpkin is a great choice to add to their canine diet
So this Fall, pick up an extra can of the orange goodness and try out these delicious Pumpkin Muffin Dog Treats.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup whole wheat or gluten free flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ¼ cup water
Pumpkin Muffin Directions
1. Preheat your oven 350° F.
2. Lightly grease or spray a mini muffin tin (or cooking sheet)
3. Place oats in blender or food processor and pulse until oats are about half powder.
4. Place oats and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and stir until just mixed.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter or bunch up the mixture into balls and place them on a cooking sheet.
6. Top off the muffin with a few oats, just for looks and little extra crunch
7. Bake for 15-16 minutes until tops are golden brown.
8. When muffins have cooled store in refrigerator for up to a week or in freezer for up to three months.
Sharing is Caring
If you know someone with a pup, send them this recipe to try out!
Read this next: 4 Helpful Tips for Pet Weight Loss