We’ve been there a zillion times … in a mad dash to get somewhere NOW! If you need fuel, many of us reach for a protein bar because it is convenient and healthy. Or is it?
The protein bar industry is ever growing and cranks out over a billion in sales annually. If you train yourself to be a smart consumer, then yes, an occasional protein bar can be a good option. If not, you are basically consuming a candy bar with a whey supplement.
Check out this article to help you pick out the needle in a “candy-coated” haystack. There are simple steps you can apply to fuel like a pro when ‘pro-bar’ shopping.
What you will learn:
– Protein: How much do you need and what sources should you choose
– Carbohydrate: Commonly used carbs and what amount is appropriate for you
– Fiber: Do you need it in a bar? If so, how much?
– Focus on Fats: Identifying the best sources
– Timing: Is there a bad time to rely on a bar?
Still can’t find a bar that is balanced and tastes good? Another speedy option is to snag your Shaker Bottle, fill with ice cold water, add a scoop of VIBE, and Shake, Shake, Shake!