Bad Breath Home Remedies
No one desires to have bad breath. This minor, yet persistent oral condition can cause others to avoid individuals with this condition. In addition to this, it can also cause some serious psychological issues such as depression due to the decrease of the perception of his or her self image. These people tend to lose their self confidence and shy away from social gathering for fear of being ridiculed and made fun of. Thankfully, there are simple solutions for those with bad breath, home remedies that are convenient and easy to work into a daily routine will help fight this nuisance.
Examples Of Bad Breath Home Remedies Anyone Can Use
Small changes can make a world of difference when it comes to smelling good and being an attracting person. Bad breath can bring on more serious issues but this condition is easily eliminated in most cases. Several lifestyle changes are all it takes to fight it. More importantly, these changes can be done in the privacy of your own home and need not be costly and time consuming. This is why we call them “Home Remedies”.
10 Easy Home Remedies That Fight Bad Breath
- Always Bring A Toothbrush. It is recommended to brush teeth after every meal to immediately eliminate the residues that were left by the food particles. Pack your toothbrush into your purse or stick it in your pocket and have it with you. Don’t forget to actually use it!
- Floss Regularly. This bad breath home remedy is flossing. Do it at least once a day to remove any remaining food particles that are stuck in between the teeth and gums.
- Eat Parsley. This herb is no longer a simple decoration to food. Parsley contains chlorophyll, which naturally deodorizes the breath. You’ll have fresh breath every time!
- Avoid Eating Foods That “Stick Around”. Certain foods such as garlic have a reputation for leaving it’s essence behind for hours. Most people like garlic but it is a good idea to avoid it when you are planning to be out in public.
- Brush the tongue. The tongue should not be left out when cleaning the mouth. This is one of the MOST EFFECTIVE BAD BREATH HOME REMEDIES. Use a tongue cleaner to remove the food residue stuck on the back of your tongue.
- Take a break. Stress is known to cause the mouth to dry, and dry mouth equals bad breath. Whenever the stress levels go on red alert, take a step back and breath, drink some water and rehydrate.
- Stop Smoking. Smoking causes chemicals such as nicotine and tar to stick to the teeth and gums, causing smokers breath. This is not an easy one to do but still counts as a bad breath home remedy because you can do this at home.
- Rinse the mouth. If a toothbrush is unavailable, thoroughly rinse the mouth to remove food particles and residues. Swish warm water around to get all teh food out from between the teeth.
- Chew Xylitol Gum. If pressed for time, chew on gums with xylitol to give the mouth a fresh kick while protecting the teeth and gums. Xylitol does wonders for oral health.
- Stay away from sugary drinks. This last bad breath home remedy is not the least important, in fact, it is probably one of the most important ones. Sugar feeds bacteria and ruines teeth, both of which cause bad breath. Switch to drinking pure wonderful water.
The Take-Away Of All This
You don’t need to cary a list with you of all these things. All you need to remember is these three things:
- The BEST bad breath home remedy is to keep your mouth clean
- The next one is to avoid stinky foods
- And the last is to get rid of bad habits like smoking and sugary beverages.